BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

28 August 2009

a la playyyyya (ply-a, for you non-spanish speakers)

Yes, it is true. I just found out upon returning home from our last orientation class that we will not just be spending Saturday away from the house, but the entire weekend- that's news to me! I was a little irked about that fact, but now, for some reason, I am looking forward to it. My parents say that it is a 2 hour drive to Isabel's brother's house - near the coast. We will be spending tomorrow helping him paint his house, I think, and then Sunday we will go to the beach. 


We just had una cafesita - when we get together and have coffee and bread. Isabel looooooves (it's so hard not to write in Spanish! I have to stop myself. I almost wanted to see 'Isabel le gustaria la mantequia de mani!' but I stopped myself because most of you don't speak spanish)... but yes, she looooves the peanut butter I got her. We have it on everything, really. For not speaking much Spanish, I sure do understand a lot. That is a blessing.

 I understand the directions to the bus stop - I have to walk a 5 minute walk to either bus station. Our Spanish lessons will be held a little ways from downtown San Jose, the big city. I have to take a 30-minute bus ride (mas or menos) to get to the stop, and then I have to walk three blocks to the Teatro Nacional. After that, I find another bus to take me to ICADS, the language school (cute little place). The bus ride to El Carmen de Guadalupe (a neighborhood near me - I live in El Alto de Guadalupe), is 15 minutes or less and is a bit less scary then riding and walking through the city. Once I do it a few times, I am sure that I will be fine. It's just like my internship at the Sun Chronicle. At first, it was TERRIFYING, but after a while, it was nothing. Que facil!

Well, I won't be writing till Sunday or later. Monday is our first day of classes - Estoy nerviosa! Not for the classes, but getting there. Pray for me, por favor! 

Blessings, amigos! 

0 thoughts: