BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

25 August 2009

the first day of the rest of my life.

I don't think 4 hours of sleep alone does any body any good.. but I guess, for now, it will have to do. I have a feeling on my Boston to Miami flight, I will be (hopefully) getting a nice 3.5 hour nap (the duration of the flight). I hope to pass out and not wake up until we have landed. That would be ideal. 


I stayed up until 12:30 am packing.. granted, I had just started placing the clothes and other things into my 2 suitcases (small & medium sizes) at 7 o'clock earlier last evening. And now it is 5:04 am and I cannot wait until I see a pillow again. Next time that happens, I'll be in San Jose, Costa. Hard to believe the day is actually here. 

I am actually kind of sick to my stomach, to be quite honest, but I guess that is to be expected with what is about to transcend today. I don't think many people are calm, cool, and collected when they are packing their lives into (what I think are) tiny suitcases... and having to hope that all of them arrive safely and on time in another country. I am praying all of my bags do just that - arrive in San Jose when I do. That would be lovely - please and thank you. 

I have to admit, I was a bit sad last night. My parents went to bed (early as usual), and I felt at a loss for what to do. I felt a little bit alone in my packing venture. And at one point, I was ready to throw in the towel. I had a slight breakdown, getting sick and tired of trying to pack my life away. I suppose all of the emotions got to me: excitement, anxiety, sadness, and a few others. But good ol' daddy, he sat with me for a little bit and tried to help before going back to bed. God is good. 

I am now listening to the "Costa Rica" mix that Sarah Maggs and Katie Phillips made for me while they visited me. I put it on my ipod and I look forward to listening to it. To give you an idea of what I will be listening to, right now, I am listening to "Live Your Life" by Ti (and Rhianna)... and I never listen to them. Ever. But my lovely and dear friends made me an awesome mix.. that I whole-heartily like. :)

Friends, write to me! Please! Lots and lots and lots!! You have NO idea what a little letter or card or photo in the mail will do for me. It gives me that much more motivation to stick with it. So, again, here is my address to write to: 

Megan Brask
Programa de Estudios Latinoamericanos
Apdo. 54-2070
Sabanilla, San Jose
COSTA RICA


I suppose that I should go finish packing, and getting ready for that matter. Pray for me, friends. I will certainly need it. And I know that prayer works, somehow and some way. 

Blessings. 
Here's to la pura vida!

0 thoughts: